Over the last 35 years, we’ve worked hard to build The Chef’s Garden. It’s a unique niche - home to creativity, innovation, a commitment to excellence, and some of the best produce in the world.
What started as a small family farm has grown to include many more people - still family nonetheless. We’re humbled that you’d consider joining us in the work that we do.
This position leads and oversees all of the marketing efforts - from creative to operations. This includes developing strategic plans, creating, executing, and analyzing campaigns, managing budgets, and leading projects and staff. This is a full-time, on-site position.
While every day here on the farm looks a little bit different, here are a couple of essential responsibilities that you can expect:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Developing annual marketing strategies and plans
· Spearhead the execution of marketing campaigns, including test and control group segmentation, testing, tracking, results reporting, analyses, and recommendations
· Managing the marketing budget
· Overseeing marketing team members responsible for various segments or projects (e.g., content, search engine optimization, advertising, email, branding, PR, social media)
· Project management
· Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations governing marketing efforts (e.g. SPAM, GDPR, private customer information)
· Oversee and grow the marketing department by identifying revenue opportunities among established clients
· Identify short- and long-term scheduling and resource needs, including development and management of annual marketing budget, profit-and-loss projections, and expenditures
· Understand key performance metrics and tracking tools for market research, forecasts, competitor analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends, and translate results into actionable insights for marketing team
· Attend conventions, conferences, and trade shows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and provide post-event reports and analysis
· Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
· Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
· Researching demand for our products and services.
· Competitor research.
· Working with sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
· Building brand awareness and positioning.
· Supporting sales and lead generation efforts.
· Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget in order to find the profit margin and which campaigns were most effective
· Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to the product
· Prepare and provide regular verbal and written reports including marketing plan summary, sales updates, public relations value, competitive analysis, traffic counts, etc., to the Senior Leadership Team
· May supervise non-exempt, exempt or professional employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, counseling and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Successful track record in senior marketing role and campaign creation
· Experience in both B2B and B2C and ability to market to multiple business segments
· Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
· Experience in E-Commerce, digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
· Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
· Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
· Customer-oriented approach with aptitude and willingness to be a team player
· Experience in the culinary industry is a plus
· Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
· BA or higher in Business Administration, Marketing and Communications or relevant field